Welcome

I have entered the world of blogging! My purpose? To stay connected to friends and family and invite you into my world. A world filled with fun, tears, laughter, excitement, elation, disappointment and all the blessings of being a mother and wife.

Monday, November 24, 2008

I've been bitten by Twilight...


Well, it has been over a month since I have posted! Partly because I haven't had the time but mainly because I lost two weeks by doing nothing but read the Twilight Series. I don't understand what about the books sucks everyone in... Something about the lure of vampires, the passion of their love for each other and the mystery of it all. Typically I stay clear of the latest trend, I'm not hooked on reality TV or any TV for that matter, I purposefully stay blissfully ignorant of the news (it depresses me too much), yet for some reason when I bought the book Twilight I couldn't put it down. That was the beginning, then I read the other three books of the series in 1.5 weeks, staying up until 1:30am because I couldn't stop reading! And now with the release of Twilight the movie, I have seen it twice and intend on seeing it again this Friday. Why? I don't know... I find myself saddened that Edward (the lovely vampire) is only a fictional character... There is something to be said though of the wonders of a good book, to take you out of the reality of day to day life, to spark your imagination and make you feel alive again. Through all of this, I have come to realize that so many of the qualities that draw me to Edward, my dear Jeremy already possesses, so I must consider myself lucky.

2 comments:

Sally said...

And now I've been bitten as well! :) So fun to enjoy these books though is it wrong that I'm reading feverishly rather than getting ready for Thanksgiving? Ugh!

Kelly said...

I have read the books, seen the movie twice and am now rereading the books. It is amazing what you miss the first time around....sad but true..Ok, now back to my book! :)