Welcome

I have entered the world of blogging! My purpose? To stay connected to friends and family and invite you into my world. A world filled with fun, tears, laughter, excitement, elation, disappointment and all the blessings of being a mother and wife.

Monday, September 21, 2009

October Craft Challenge

With Halloween being one of my favorite holidays, I couldn't wait to get busy on my craft for this month's Craft Challenge!

I decided to make some wooden block art to frighten all by saying BOO.

First I started with a piece of scrap wood (good thing my husband is a carpenter!) and with his help I learned to use a skill saw and cut the wood in thirds.



I then sanded and spray painted them black.



I choose some Halloween paper from my current stash (yes I have lots!) and cut them into strips.



I LOVE
vintage Halloween postcards. I just happened to have a sheet of Halloween paper that was made from vintage Halloween postcards. I picked my favorite images and covered the front of each block. The strips of paper I used to cover the sides of each block. Once the paper was mod podged on, I embellishment with card stock stickers to spell out BOO, the ribbon I won from Heidi is tied in a bow on top of each block and a craft wouldn't be complete without a little bling.



Close-ups





I hope you like them! I'll be making another craft or two or three inspired by Halloween and Fall, my favorite season (well, it ties with Spring!) :-)

14 comments:

Sarah said...

So cute!!! I want some!!!

Kelly said...

You are so dang creative!!! Those are adorable~!

Sarah Ondracek said...

I love these blocks you made!!! I need to get some creative juices flowing and get some Halloween decorations done too;)

Heidi Boos said...

Cute, cute! Love your vintage style that I think I wouldn't be able to pull of. ;) Don't forget to link up in a couple of weeks to show off your craftiness. Oh, and great job on cutting the blocks yourself. You're one tough momma!! ;)

Kelli said...

Very cute. I need to try to make some blocks.

Missy said...

I just love your blocks! The vintage paper is great! Love that look.Thanks for sharing.

Braley Mama said...

You are so creative! I love those!

Xazmin said...

I love how they turned out! I love the vintage-y look. Very delicate.

I wish I had a saw! I always have to go to my friends house and have her cut my wood!

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

So neat! I'm getting up the nerve to use Mod Podge ~ not sure what my hesitation is, really.

Heidi Boos said...

Thanks for joining, Sarah! I'm getting so inspired by browsing through everyone's projects! ;)

Katie said...

I love the vintage inspired paper you choose! I have a ton of paper in my stash but nothing so cool!

Krissy said...

I love how different (yet adorable) these blocks came out!

Tanielle said...

Super cute!!! And your family is just gorgeous!! Thanks for stopping by.:-)

leanne said...

These are awesome! You have a super cute blog (and family:)