Welcome

I have entered the world of blogging! My purpose? To stay connected to friends and family and invite you into my world. A world filled with fun, tears, laughter, excitement, elation, disappointment and all the blessings of being a mother and wife.

Friday, October 9, 2009

Apple Picking

Grace has been talking about going apple picking so when she didn't have school last Friday, I found an apple orchard and we went a-picking! It was A LOT of fun! It was great to be outside, enjoy the Fall smells and colors and play with my girls. The best part of it was we were the only ones in the whole orchard (other than the sweet farmer that would check on us from time to time, he even took Grace for a ride on his 4-wheeler and let her cut a pumpkin from the vine). I highly recommend you visit Beilke Family Farm, it is only $8 for a 5 gallon bucket of apples.













After apple picking we drove around a little (we were in a part of Oregon we had never seen) and came across a cute country store stocked with lots of vegetables AND freshly made DONUTS. We skipped the vegetables and took home a bag of fresh pumpkin donuts, YUM!


6 comments:

Sarah said...

We need to go. Looks like you had a lot of fun.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Yum, pumpkin donuts! Those sound soo good!

Your kids are cute! The little one is just adorable in that first picture!

Thanks for stopping by my blog to enter my book give away. Good luck and it's nice to meet you!

Manuela

Jodi Stilp said...

Could your kids be any cuter?!?!

Sarah Ondracek said...

Cute pictures!!!

Heidi Boos said...

What a fun mommy to take the girls apple picking! I'm curious on how those pumpkin donuts tasted. ;) Way to go on savoring the moments!!

Coloradolady said...

Thanks so much for stopping by...no matter how you found me....SSS or not! It is all the same....I get carried away too sometimes. Glad you stopped by, please feel free to visit anytime...you never know what you will find.....and that is the truth. I am struggling with starting a new topic on weight loss...but to so it the way I feel it needs to be done, I have to find the courage to be honest about myself...and put it out there, hopefully in doing so, it would help someone else...I am still looking for that courage....LOL

Have a great weekend and enjoy your precious children, they grow up too quick.