Welcome

I have entered the world of blogging! My purpose? To stay connected to friends and family and invite you into my world. A world filled with fun, tears, laughter, excitement, elation, disappointment and all the blessings of being a mother and wife.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Candy Cane Place Holders

Photobucket


Even though we will have a small gathering for our Christmas dinner, I thought it would be fun to have our own place holders at the table. Grace LOVES to have them too. I decided to make candy cane place holders, they are super easy.

I bought over sized candy canes, 3 for $1 at Fred Meyer. I already had, green floral tape, red berries, green leaves, thin green ribbon, red ink and white tags. I was going to use pre-punched tags but they were too large, instead I punched 6 tags using my Stampin' Up 1 3/8" circle punch.

I took three red berries, one leaf and twisted them together with the floral tape. I then wrapped the berries around the candy cane. After punching out the circles, I inked the edges with red ink, punched a hole in the top and wrote each persons' name. I took about a 2" piece of ribbon and tied the tag and berries to the candy cane. There you have it! Easy!






This Thanksgiving we did a kids' table for the first time (it was great!) I covered the table with white butcher paper. Grace helped me trace turkeys using a turkey cookie cutter and she hand stamped each child's name. I then taped them to a small pack of crayons. The kids felt special having their own place holders and got to stay busy drawing on the "table cloth". The same could be done for Christmas, using of course, a Christmas design.


4 comments:

Lori said...

I LOVE those candy cane place holders. I won't be entertaining this year, but I'm storing the idea away for future reference. Thanks for sharing!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Perfect idea for a children's table!

Serendipity said...

The candy canes look amazing! Thanks for sharing :)

Jen said...

What a great idea and so festive! One year I made felt mice for the kids and the tail was a candy cane. (from Family Fun Mag.)

Came over from Blue Eyed Blessings.

Jen from Creative and Curious Kids!

My kid craft:
http://raisingcreativeandcuriouskids.blogspot.com/2009/12/hershey-kiss-ornaments.html