Welcome

I have entered the world of blogging! My purpose? To stay connected to friends and family and invite you into my world. A world filled with fun, tears, laughter, excitement, elation, disappointment and all the blessings of being a mother and wife.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

It's Rednesday!


Life has been too full and going too fast! I haven't had a chance to participate in Rednesday over at It's A Very Cherry World for a long time! But I am today. I wanted to share the transformation of my $5 garage sale chair I got last summer. I was excited when I found the chair since it was stuffed and comfy and only $5! But the blue denim is not my color, RED is my color. When we bought our couch for our front room I got some extra material "just in case" that matches the couch's throw pillows. Well, "just in case" has arrived and I used that material to cover the chair. I didn't bother painting or re-staining the wooden arms and legs, I kind of like the worn look.
Before


After



Happy Rednesday!!

17 comments:

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Wow! That sure went from run me down to take me out on the town! Great transformation!

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Hi Sarah,
First time to visit with you. I love the fabric you picked for the chair. Nice job.
Robin

Ann said...

Ooh, what pretty fabric. I think you were very smart to have "just in case" fabric. Because a girl just never knows!! :)
Ann
@
The Tattered Tassel

SueLovesCherries said...

Now that's a transformation! I wouldn't have given the blue chair a first glance, never mind a second. Glad you had an eye for the future of it!

Kelly said...

Love it!!! You are so talented!! :)

Susan Freeman said...

You did a terrific job, from choosing the fabric to finishing the chair. It looks great!!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Lynn said...

That fabric really dresses the chair up, very nice!

Angela said...

Awesome job! AWESOME for getting it for 5 dollars, and fantastic in making it red..oh ya!!My favorite colour.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

What a beautiful job you did! lovely fabric!
Debbie

Charlotte said...

That is a great job! I have always wanted to try this but have been too scared!

craftyles said...

Wow -what a great job! The chair looks new and fresh.

★Carol★ said...

That chair looks amazing! Glad you didn't paint it either, because the warm wood tone goes so perfect with that red. It looks so comfy too. What an incredible makeover!
Happy REdnesday!
Carol

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Wow! Great transformation! What a great deal for $5.00! That fabric really sets off the chair wonderfully!

Happy Rednesday!

A 2 Z said...

$5.00 for your chair? Now that's a steal. It now looks even better. The red makes it look stately. Good for your. Take care!

Anne-Marie

Anonymous said...

Wow, how fun! A brand spankin' new chair for $5. I like the worn look, too. Happy REDnesday~

Unknown said...

What a transformation!

Russell Family said...

Awesome Sarah! Good job!! The chair looks great and yes I love red too :)