Welcome

I have entered the world of blogging! My purpose? To stay connected to friends and family and invite you into my world. A world filled with fun, tears, laughter, excitement, elation, disappointment and all the blessings of being a mother and wife.

Saturday, May 8, 2010

In Honor of Mother's Day!

I just finished this brief article for our last MOPS newsletter until September and actually my last contribution as MOPS Coordinator. I have been led to step down as coordinator. I am sad about it but know it is the right move at this point. I'm kind of excited to see what God has for me next! Anyways, back to the article, I wanted to share it with you, the Mothers out there! Happy Mother's Day!

A Higher Calling

Titus 2 beginning in verse 4 "....so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home…."

Would you believe it if I told you that you have been appointed a Mother? That the role of Mom is a High Calling appointed by God alone? That He, the Creator of all things, has you right where He wants you to be, with your precious child(ren)? He has created them just as He would like them to be and He has chosen you to be there Mom. Sounds kind of crazy, doesn’t it? When we are up to our eyebrows in dirty diapers (kind of a gross thought!), tantrums, mealtime, sleepless nights, grocery shopping, the day to day of raising children. It is hard to believe that what we are doing is, in fact, a High Calling.

Each on of us has been created to be “Mom”. How do I know this, because we all have at least one child, therefore Motherhood is part of God’s plan for our lives. Being a mom looks different for each one of us. We may work outside of the home or strictly inside the home, we may hate to cook or love to create, no two moms are alike and there is no perfect description of “Mom”. Regardless of what Motherhood looks like for you. God has entrusted each one of us with our children. You have a special calling to prepare your children for the future, to rear them in God’s ways and to prepare them for His purpose in their lives.

I challenge you to look beyond the daily living to the future, to the adults your children will become. Recognize and marvel at the influence you have in their lives. Do not pressure yourself to do it “right” or to just get through it. Instead delight in them. Take joy in them. Be intentional with your children.

Now by this point you are probably thinking, “well, this is all fine and dandy but being a mom is not always fun, sometimes I just don’t like it at all!” You are right; Motherhood is not for the weak! There are times (lots of times!) I want to run fast in the other direction with my suitcase! However, do not allow the enemy to creep in with lies about who you are as a Mother or that what you are doing is insignificant. Instead try to remind yourself in the hard moments that you are significant and that what you are doing has value and in fact influences the world for generations to come.

No comments: