Welcome

I have entered the world of blogging! My purpose? To stay connected to friends and family and invite you into my world. A world filled with fun, tears, laughter, excitement, elation, disappointment and all the blessings of being a mother and wife.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Cookie Cutter Sandwiches

I don't even remember where I first got the idea to use a cookie cutter on a sandwich (probably Martha Stewart!) but it is now one of my girls' favorite things. They often make requests for food in shapes! "I would like a butterfly sandwich" or "star toast". It is quick, easy and fun! The little touch makes them feel extra special. And if you have a no crust eating kiddo, takes care of that in a snap!

Today I made Grace a pumpkin shaped turkey sandwich for lunch. I make the sandwich and then cut out the completed sandwich. If there is a lot of extra cheese or meat around the edges I will add the little pieces in so it doesn't go to waste.




3 comments:

Jolene Brown said...

Our kids love this too, fun! I love the pumpkin! :-)

Sally said...

Thanks for the reminder. I bet Spencer would love for me to start putting these in his lunches. :)

Heidi Boos said...

I love that you're busting out the pumpkin one already! ;)