Welcome

I have entered the world of blogging! My purpose? To stay connected to friends and family and invite you into my world. A world filled with fun, tears, laughter, excitement, elation, disappointment and all the blessings of being a mother and wife.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Easy Homemade Laundry Soap

The tough economy has forced me to learn how to live on a budget and save where I can. One way I have learned to, is to make my own laundry soap. I did a little online research for a recipe and gave it a try. I LOVE it! It smells fresh, is easy to make and is cheap (as in pennies a load)!

Laundry Soap Recipe

1 bar Fels-Naptha soap, shredded (just like cheese!)
2 cups Borax
2 cups Washing Soda

Mix all together and store in an air tight container. Use only about a tablespoon per load. It will not get all soapy/bubbly but your clothes will be clean. Each batch lasts our family about a month or a little longer. I do at least one full load a day. I found all the needed items in the laundry soap aisle of my grocery store.

My girls were on board and helped me make it! Of course I have to share pictures! :-)






4 comments:

Kelly said...

Awesome, Sarah!! Thanks for posting the recipe. I am going to try it!

George and Krista said...

Hi,
I have a laundry soap recipe that you melt the Fels Naptha in boiling water and add Borax and washing soda + more water. Have you ever tried something like that? I'm curious if one works better over the other. This one seems like less work to make and you can store in smaller container vs. 5 gallon bucket.

Heidi Boos said...

You and my sister both deserve an award! You both make your own laundry soap. So impressed!

Unknown said...

we made a bunch of this soap this Spring and it lasted us till the end of Summer... now I just need to make more...Mica