Welcome

I have entered the world of blogging! My purpose? To stay connected to friends and family and invite you into my world. A world filled with fun, tears, laughter, excitement, elation, disappointment and all the blessings of being a mother and wife.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Thankful for our freedom

I wanted to share about a new blog that has just started up, Thanks For Our Freedom. Korri, a proud wife of a US Marine and mother of two beautiful girls, has started the blog to help raise funds and awareness to support our soldiers. Although I have never met Korri and her family in person, her and her family are dear to ours. We had the privilege of meeting them via email and letters, through Aunt Nancy USA at Christmas time when we were blessed by the opportunity to serve them and show our appreciation.


I know politics and war are very touchy subjects, however it is my belief that regardless of how we feel about those things, our soldiers (and their families) sacrifice SO much for us. It is the least we can do to support and encourage them. If you are able, Korri, is hosting her first care package campaign. Her goal is to send 25 care packages to soldiers overseas. Many of them do not have families that send them things and they are without access to stores where they can buy the items they need. Please check out her blog for all the information. You can either sponsor a package or mail her items to go in a package. She's even in need of cards. If you're crafty and want to send a hand made card of appreciation, that would be awesome too! Like I said, it is the least we can do, for ALL they do for us.

2 comments:

Russell Family said...

Nice work Sarah! Thanks for sharing her blog. I am blessed to be able to serve our veterans!!

Heidi Boos said...

Sarah, thanks for sharing! I look forward to helping in the support!