Welcome

I have entered the world of blogging! My purpose? To stay connected to friends and family and invite you into my world. A world filled with fun, tears, laughter, excitement, elation, disappointment and all the blessings of being a mother and wife.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lunch Bag Leprechaun Puppet

Yesterday Jilian and I were talking about doing an art project (we both love art projects!) with St. Patty's Day tomorrow I wanted to do something festive so I did a little Google research last night and came across this Lunch Bag Leprechaun Puppet. It was super fun and easy! Only took about 25 minutes. It gave us some one-on-one time and Jilian got to practice using the scissors and her gluing and coloring skills. I enjoyed seeing what colors she used, like pink hands!





Got to have glitter!

Some fun ideas for St. Patrick's Day:

1) Tonight after the little ones are in bed, "steal" a pair of shoes and fill them with green treats and gold coins

2) For lunch tomorrow, make a sandwich then cut it using a Shamrock cookie cutter

3) Fill their lunch with green foods or use green containers. Include a note on a paper Shamrock or a green napkin

4) Before they use the bathroom, sneak in a few drops of green food coloring in the toilet water

5) Turn their milk green with green food coloring (just this once won't hurt)

6) Have corned beef, cabbage and Irish soda bread for dinner

7) Click HERE to see what I did for the girls last year.

These little things just make life more fun and brighten their day!

Just for fun I'll be joining in for Totally Toddler Thursday over at Toddler Awesome!



1 comment:

Heidi Boos said...

Love it! Mikayla is working on her leprechaun trap as I type. ;) Fun ideas for tomorrow. Maybe I'll do one or two of these. I don't normally do much for St. Patty's Day, but in the spirit of fun (and Mikayla must have learned a lot this week at school because she has talked about it lots), I might have to do a little something. :)