Welcome

I have entered the world of blogging! My purpose? To stay connected to friends and family and invite you into my world. A world filled with fun, tears, laughter, excitement, elation, disappointment and all the blessings of being a mother and wife.

Friday, September 7, 2012

I can't wait until Halloween!

I know that we have just finished the first week of school but I am already SO excited for Halloween! I started getting excited a few weeks ago! Looking through my pictures I found a tutorial from last Halloween that I never got a chance to share. So to feed my Halloween hunger, here you go!


It is very simple to make these ghostly book covers. I found this amazing vintage crepe paper at a rummage sale a few years ago but you can use tissue paper or butcher paper. 

Supplies:

Tissue or crepe paper sheets or butcher paper
Scissors
Black ink
Alphabet stamps
Books
A pencil

3 simple steps

1) Place a book on top of a piece of paper and trace. Cut the paper to size. Make sure to leave extra paper at the ends to fold inside the book.
2) Fold over the ends of the paper and tuck inside the front and back covers.
3) Carefully hold each book (I couldn't take a picture and stamp!) and stamp a spooky title.


The Girl Creative



1 comment:

Sew Can Do said...

Cute idea & I like how it can be temporary too! Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do:)