Welcome

I have entered the world of blogging! My purpose? To stay connected to friends and family and invite you into my world. A world filled with fun, tears, laughter, excitement, elation, disappointment and all the blessings of being a mother and wife.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Kitchen sink vegetable soup

I love...love vegetables and this Summer I discovered how much better I feel when the majority of my diet is fruits, vegetables and protein. Hard for a vegetable loving yet CARB addicted girl. One trick I discovered and it is great this time of year since the days are chilly, is making vegetable soup. If you make a large batch it will last you all week. Then you'll have a quick, healthy lunch you can warm up.


Jilian my little kitchen helper!



I call it kitchen sink vegetable soup because each time I make it I use what ever vegetables I have on hand. The two things that are always the same, one can of crushed or stewed tomatoes and one cup (or can) of chicken broth. As for the vegetables use what you have, leftovers work great! 

This time I used zucchini, broccoli, celery, cabbage and some corn. About a cup each. The corn was leftover corn on the cob that I cut off the cob. Add a little pepper, garlic and parsley to taste. Cook just until the vegetables are warm and soft. Maybe 20 minutes. Enjoy!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

This looks yummy! Saw you linked up at the girl creative, just stopping by! I could use some of this soup on a cold day like this!