Welcome

I have entered the world of blogging! My purpose? To stay connected to friends and family and invite you into my world. A world filled with fun, tears, laughter, excitement, elation, disappointment and all the blessings of being a mother and wife.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Creepy Crawlies

As I've mentioned many times, I LOVE Halloween! It is my favorite holiday. I'm already browsing my favorite Halloween idea books and magazines. I can't wait to start decorating! My favorite Halloween magazine this year is from Matthew Mead. He has tons of great (and doable) ideas for Halloween. One of my favorites are the spooky chocolate donuts (top right hand corner). Halloween is on a Thursday this year, the same day as my Bible study, I think I'll bring some spooky donuts for a treat!


On to the creepy crawlies. Last year Jilian and I made these creepy spiders to place around house. They were fun and simple to make. We had lots of fun placing them around the house. We hung them from picture frames or crawling on the dining room chandelier.


For supplies you will need: 
Black spray paint
Foam balls (you pick the size, I used medium)
Black pipe cleaners
A hot glue gun 
A pencil


Step 1: Paint the foam balls
Step 2: Using the pencil punch four holes on each side of the foam ball
Step 3: Using the hot glue gun, glue one pipe cleaner inside each hole
Step 4: Once the glue is dry, bend each pipe cleaner creating the spider legs

Have fun adding some creepy fun to your home!







No comments: